2007. december 24., hétfő

Far from the Christmas Tree

It's supposed to be Christmas Eve and I've been sitting at my computer and working all day. If it wasn't for a number of phone calls and mails from friends (so I have some after all, which is nice to know) I wouldn't even have realized what day it was - especially as I can't see the tree from the inner sanctum where I am sitting right now.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining at all. I had my own Christmas Eve yesterday. My son came and he had his fun with the truckload of presents he got (parents - separately, as they are... well, separated, grandparents, great-grandfather). And he was happy hanging stuff on the Christmas tree, lighting the candles and all. And that's good. Good enough for me on the 23rd as well, as being a devout atheist I don't give a flying fuck about the birth of Christ or whatever.

So what I wanted to say is this: I don't much care for Christmas, I'm bored with the mandatory niceties, the decorations, the never changing wishes and all that. I guess I am far too cynical.

Still, if you have a kid, it makes the holiday not just okay, but much more than that even if Christmas Eve comes one day early.

That doesn't actually mean that I don't miss him right now. I bloody do. Especially that it's been the nicest, whitest Christmas here for many years he would simply adore. And I would simply adore him adoring it.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése

Blog Widget by LinkWithin