2007. május 23., szerda

What Plato and me have in common



Well, even though Kopites had some amazing flags like the one above, Liverpool never won the sixth European title in Athens tonight. It is of course somewhat frustrating but it's an extremely comforting thought that the likes of Lampard and Rooney were watching it on the telly if they felt like it at all. As much as it hurts I'll just add the video of the thing:



I am a bit on the nervy side when it comes to watching football with my favourite teams, by the way. That was of course an understatement: I just can't bear to watch matches like this. I tried to watch an episode of House MD instead (in Hungarian, which didn't suck though the dubbing never reached the standard of the original (come to think of it, it's probably impossible to match Hugh Laurie in the saying funny things department)), and sometimes switched channels to check on the score and take a glimpse into the game.

I mean, why do I do that? I really can't explain. When I have a good reason to be tense I'm usually not. When my father was on the brink of death I somehow knew he'd pull through (he did) and was obviously worried but I felt much less anguish walking to and fro in a moderately friendly hospital waiting room than tonight while trying to watch the game. Is it because when it comes to something really important I don't have the time or energy to bother with such things as being tense?

Or is it because Bill Shankly was right in saying: "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

Well, I don't know whether Plato (did the guy invent the plate or what?) was nervy while watching the Reds play but if he was that' s another thing we have in common.

Also, earlier I missed out on the window of opportunity to tell L that she looked gorgeous today. Which she did. Bugger.

Definitely not my day. Time to watch something funny to make up for it.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése

Blog Widget by LinkWithin