2007. május 2., szerda

YNWA

In 1992 I spent a lovely fortnight near Liverpool. I had a great time there and being a football fan I started supporting the Reds after that. It would be nice not to really care honestly because that would mean that I have a great local (or at least Hungarian) team I can support in Europe. Alas, Hungarian football has hit rock bottom now, so I (and plenty of other football fans here) have to make up for it by supporting foreign teams. And Liverpool is the one for me. Which is great.

Thank God, we've been able to watch the Premiership for some years - and of course European football. Well, I'd rather not turn it into a football blog so I won't comment on last night's game other than: I felt great. These are guys with determination and will you just can't buy for dollars or pounds or rubels. (I wouldn't mind some more attractive football, but well - what the hell...) So I consider myself lucky I spent that fortnight in Liverpool (well, Ormskirk, actually) and not some other place.

I'm looking forward to the final now. I remember watching the last final two years ago at a very, very dear friends place, and I scared the shit out of her by screaming after each of those three goals during that wonderful six-minute spell. I'd rather the Reds didn't have to climb that kind of a mountain again. I am dreaming of a more relaxing victory. We'll see, we'll see.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése

Blog Widget by LinkWithin